English: Download Parent Handbook Offers practical tips to help parents help their families find the right balance of eating well and being physically active to maintain a healthy weight.
Spanish: Manual para padres
TIPS for PARENTS
ACTIVITY FLASH CARD: Use these We Can! flashcards with parents, caregivers and children to help them think in terms of GO, SLOW, and WHOA when making food choices
CALORIES NEEDED PER DAY This tip sheet explains the calories needed each day for boys and men, and for girls and women by age and three levels of physical activity.
ENERGY BALANCE: Use this worksheet to better understand how balancing energy in and energy out can help your family maintain a healthy weight.
UNDERSTANDING WEIGHT AND BMI: Body Mass Index or BMI and waist size are two numbers that can help you decide if your weight is healthy, or if you need to make some changes. This tip sheet explains how to find both and what they mean
WORDS TO KNOW: Learn the meaning of words related to maintaining a healthy weight, such as calorie balance, overweight, and portion size.
SAVING MONEY WHILE SHOPPING: Find tips for saving money and eating better
Recetas divertidas Provides recipes for 26 popular easy to prepare taste-tested Latino dishes created in a heart healthy style.
VITAMIN D RESOURCES
- All of the workouts to lose chest fat should be low weight and high frequency. This means the weights you use on the machines or the weight of the dumbbells that you use should not be too high or heavy. You are tying to burn the fat and not trying to break the muscle fibre and have them grow stronger as a result.
- The goal here is to burn off the fat in the chest and not to build muscle mass. One distinction that you have to understand while at the gym is that you are doing this for a specific purpose and are not competing with the other guys who who are taking heavy weights. If somebody comes up to and ask why are you always using the low weights, tell them that your goal is to just lose the fat, become lean and NOT build muscles. Successful body builders and seasoned gym goers never does any workouts every single day and you should also not. This is because, the body needs rest as well as its an overkill if you workout for the same part every single day.
- One of the myths about workouts and body building in general is called “spot reduction”. Spot reduction means you can simply workout for just one part of your body and develop it more than other parts. This is not true and it applies for the chest as well. Now that being said, it does not mean that you have to workout for each and every part when you do these upper chest exercises. Start with basic cardio like some time on the treadmill, a bit jogging or warm-ups and then go for these exercises and you should be fine.
- Make sure your back is flat when you do the push-ups.
- Hands should be preferable a little wider than shoulder width.
- You can adjust the width and try out different widths to see which one gets you the most effect.
- Go for about 3 sets initially with 10-12 repetitions in one set.
- Perform this exercise 3 times a week
Our goal for these exercises is to bring down the fat in the chest and anything that helps like dieting or a fat burning product should not be overlooked. As for dieting, it ALWAYS HELPS if you can go on a high protein, low carb and low fat diet if possible. You are not required to crash diet while you do these exercises but make sure that you control the calorie intake. Your calorie intake needs to be low so that it does not reverse or neutralize the fat burn.